- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups chicken bouillon cubes & water mix (chicken broth)
- 1/2 lb fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded and chopped
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces grated Colby jack cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sauté the onion (and garlic) in the butter over medium heat. Add in the flour, stirring constantly. Add in the half and half, milk, and chicken stock. Bring to almost a boil.
Add the broccoli and carrots. Simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes.
Season the soup with the salt, pepper & nutmeg. Stir in the cheeses and let simmer for 10 minutes longer before serving.